Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Sunflower throw

It all started with my interest in learning to crochet. I had been imagining a sunflower throw because I recently became obsessed with sunflowers. I wanted one for my living room, that would be warm but look fresh.
I spent about 1 month looking for a pattern. I decided on the one called "Blue Lagoon" designed by
Margret Willson and listed in Caron International's free projects. A free pattern that I thought, with a different color scheme, would be what I wanted. Click here to see that pattern.


I made some research about sunflowers, basically to see the colors, so I would try to emulate them with the yarn. We went to JoAnn, and bought the Caron One Pound yarn, at 2 dollars off!! Yaaay!!


I started right away, and made some color tests. My husband and son gave their opinions, and we decided on the final square. And from there.... well, why don't I get the images talk?


The beginning... my first square!









4 Squares!!

12 squares... 3 days and nights!
17 or so...
Almost there... but I was growing tired of the project. I didn't know if it would be worth it, and I was doubting about the whole thing...






DONE! FINALLY!!! 



All 35 squares... tidy and pretty!!



The putting together of the squares was messy and troublesome, so I really forgot to take pictures. I'm kind of glad I didn't, I would have looked like a psycho!!! But here, I'm going around the whole throw, with the last row of single crochet.
 

A bed of sunflowers!!!


I am giving this throw as a donation to the Boy Scout fundraiser. It allows us, parents, to pay a bit less for the fantastic camp in the summer.








One last look!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment